Are you receiving Social Security retirement or disability benefits (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Railroad Retirement benefits, or VA benefits? The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced that people in these groups who do not file a tax return will automatically receive a $1,200 stimulus check.
Now, the IRS has announced that to receive an additional $500 per dependent you must register the dependents with IRS by Wednesday, April 22, 2020. If you need to register your dependents, you are encouraged to use the government’s web portal to ensure you receive your additional payments.
Information You Will Need to Provide
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse