PSEG recently announced that it will be hardening our electrical distribution system to better withstand extreme weather. In addition, if a power outage does happen with the upgraded system, PSEG will be able to restore power to our Village much faster.
This project, which is funded through the FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance Program, is scheduled to begin at the end of September and will take approximately 4 months to complete. During this time PSEG does not anticipate any power outages related to this project.
The project includes:
- Upgrading and replacing existing electric wire with more weather resistant wire.
- Installing new and more durable poles. The poles will be similar in height and have a stronger base.
- Install and/or replace switches, which will reduce the number and severity of customer outages.
The work will take place on the following streets:
- Peninsula Blvd. (between Oakland Ave. and Arlington Rd.)
- West Broadway (between Albermarle Rd. and Oceanpoint Ave.)
- Cedarhurst Ave. (between west Broadway and 5th)
- 5th (between Cedarhurst Ave. and Washington Ave.)
- Washington Ave. (between 5th and Pearsall Ave.)
If you have any questions about this project, please contact PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025 or visit their website.