A snowstorm has been predicted starting late tonight into Tuesday morning. Depending on how the storm moves, we could see snow accumulations ranging from 5 to 8 inches, paired with wind gusts reaching up to 40 MPH. Otherwise we may end up with a mix of snow and rain, or simply rain. Either way, this weather will create hazardous conditions for Tuesday morning’s commute.
DURING THE STORM
- In case of snow keep all cars in your driveway and off the road. The plows can then clear your street “curb-to-curb”. If you can’t get them all off the street, then try to park all cars only on one side of the street. That way, we can plow the middle and one side of the road. Once we have plowed to the curb, move your cars to the clear side and we will come back to plow to the other curb. This enables our crews to do a more effective job. Remember, having clear streets is essential to maintaining safe and efficient passage for police cars, ambulances, and fire engines.
- Any downed wire should be treated as though it is a live wire. Therefore, do not approach or drive over it, or touch anything it’s contacting.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075. You can also view outage information by going to https://mypowermap.psegliny.com
- To report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more download PSEG Long Island mobile app.
- To report and receive status updates via text, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or visit them online at psegliny.com/outages
- For downed trees or obstacles blocking the road, call the Village at 516-295-5770. We will keep the phone line staffed until the storm passes.
EMERGENCY CALLS should be made to 911. Calling the Fourth Precinct directly actually slows down the response because they route your call to 911.