Long Island is under a winter weather advisory issued by the National Weather Service for tonight into tomorrow, with a possibility of a wintery mix of rain, sleet and a potential 3-5 inches of snow. We urge everyone to exercise caution and drive safely on the wet and slippery roads. Please be aware that standing water or slush on the roads may turn icy and potentially hazardous.
Our snow removal equipment, including snow plows, sanders and show blowers have been serviced and are ready for deployment if necessary. Additionally, our staff is on standby, and we are confident in our ability to take on the upcoming storm.
STORM DAMAGE AND POWER OUTAGES
- Any downed wire should be treated as though it is a live wire. Therefore, do not approach or drive over it, or touch anything it’s contacting.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075 or use PSEG web chat feature at psegliny.com. You can also view outage information by going to https://mypowermap.psegliny.com
- To report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more, download PSEG Long Island mobile app.
- To report and receive status updates via text, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or visit them online at psegliny.com/outages
- For downed trees or obstacles blocking the road, call the Village at 516-295-5770. We will keep the phone line staffed until the storm passes.
EMERGENCY CALLS should be made to 911. Calling the Fourth Precinct directly actually slows down the response because they route your call to 911.