It may be a rough start to 2018, but the Village is doing its part to make sure the roads are safe. During the storm, we strongly advise everyone to say in. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, a snack and water in your vehicle in case you become stranded and must wait for help.
The Village has suspended alternate side parking regulations through Sunday, January 7, 2018. Parking Meters and all other parking regulations remain in effect.
- If you see ANY downed wire, assume it is a live electric wire. Stay away from it, keep others away and call 911. If a wire falls on a vehicle, occupants should stay in the vehicle until help arrives. Do not touch the doors or attempt to open windows.
- If you have a portable generator, use only approved containers to store gasoline and make sure that they are stored safely. Keeping fuel indoors is dangerous because gasoline vapor can accumulate and ignite or explode.
- NEVER operate a generator indoors. The exhaust fumes are deadly.
- IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY CALL 911. DO NOT CALL THE FOURTH PRECINCT DIRECTLY. THIS ONLY SLOWS DOWN THE RESPONSE TIME.
- FOR FIRE EMERGENCIES, CALL THE LAWRENCE-CEDARHURST FIRE DEPARTMENT AT 516-569-4411.
- If you have a fire hydrant in front of you home, shovel a clear path to it in case the Fire Department needs to use it.
- Keep your cell phones and portable power packs charged in case you lose electric power.